Selectrocide Disinfectant SD-5G makes 13.2 gallons
- EPA/FDA approved disinfectant (EPA Registration No. 74986-5)
- Can be generated on site, using tap water.
- Physically destroys, doesn’t leave a residue, no clean up needed.
What It Is
Selectrocide Disinfectant (EPA/FDA Registration #74986-5) is ultra-pure chlorine dioxide. It is a hard surface, hospital grade disinfectant.
This remarkable biocide is an effective sanitizer, disinfectant, tuberculocide, virucide*, fungicide, algaecide, general-purpose antimicrobial and cleaner for use in a wide range of applications, including but not limited to:
- hospitals; medical and veterinary facilities;
- wineries, breweries;
- laboratories and other clinical settings;
- restaurants and greenhouses/horticultural settings.
Chlorine dioxide should not be confused with chlorine. While chlorine dioxide has chlorine in its name, chlorine dioxide reaction chemistry is radically different from that of chlorine and they produce very different by-products. Chlorine dioxide’s only by-products are salt ions and water.
Why It Works
Chlorine dioxide is a stable free radical, and functions as an oxidative rather than a chlorinating reaction. Chlorine dioxide’s oxidative power allows it to attack the cell walls, creating breaches. These breaches cause leakage of the cell contents, ultimately cutting off the supply of the cell’s nutrients thus killing it. In contrast, current traditional disinfection methods are designed to poison the microorganisms. But as the microorganisms build resistance and become immune to the poison, new and stronger products have to be developed.
How It Works
Selectrocide Disinfectant destroys the invisible, protective layer known as bio-film and quickly kills the microorganisms which hide and thrive under this protective coating. Traditional disinfection products are unable to quickly penetrate the biofilm and because of this, they are ineffective.
- Available in three dry media pouches that generate: 2.5 gallons, 12 gallons and 30 gallons.
- Can be generated on site, using tap water, significantly reducing shipping costs.
- Works at low concentration to safely achieve high-level disinfection and is safe for the end user.
- Can be used on most surfaces without damage or bleaching.
- Doesn’t leave a residue, no clean up needed.
Heavily soiled surfaces must be pre-cleaned prior to treatment.